Welcome to Zoll & Legal!
Zoll & Legal is a Cabinet of Consultants specialized in Customs matters, Foreign exchange regulations and Investments in Sub-Saharan region. Since 2013, we have assisted and provided advice to many multinationals, international organizations and local companies on questions related to customs formalities and procedures and in control and customs litigations issues.
All our services in Customs matters, in Foreign exchange regulations and Investments take into account the local content and are brought to you in compliance with exigencies proved in the domain of high level of professional consulting.
Our services are highly appreciated by our clients and partners.
Which Clients have we worked for?
We have assisted multinationals, subsidiaries, international organizations, local enterprises, etc. operating in the following sectors:
- Customs and the maritime sector;
- Banking sector;
- Oil and gas sector (upstream and downstream);
- International Trade Sector (import and export);
- Industrial sector;
- Services and telecommunications sectors;
- Forests and agriculture;
- Intellectual property sector.
Assistance to customs controls litigation and foreign exchanges
Upon the reception of a simple notification, a mission order or a written report ascertaining a customs offense concerning your structure, we are at your disposal to defend your interests against the allegations of the customs administration or the administration in charge of financial relations with abroad (foreign exchange).
Additionally, we accompany our clients in the implementation of procedures enabling them to make better use of simplifications measures and customs incentives existing. We assist you in the preparation of correspondence and necessary files by using all instruments currently in force likely to enable optimization and efficient security of your interests.
For our clients having an Annual Assistance Contract relating to customs or foreign exchange, we work 24 hours / 24 and 7 days / 7. Our assistance consists in effectuating the services listed in the framework of the Subscription Contract following a verbal or written solicitation.
For the clients who are not under an Annual Contract of Assistance with us, our team is at your disposal as soon as we have agreed on the general conditions of our intervention.
Assistance in customs and legal matters
One of our main activities is to advice our clients before and after their import and export operations, as well as on the tools to optimize and secure their activities in relation with the customs and foreign exchange. In the same vein, we put our rich experience in customs audit, audit in foreign exchange regulations and legal audit at their disposal, in order to protect them in a preventive or curative manner against the risk of customs and foreign exchange offenses which they are exposed to.
In case of difficulties due to the non-respect of customs and tax rules, which occurred accidentally or due to a lack of knowledge, we are at your disposal to help you prepare and conduct your file near customs authorities and joint bodies both national and at the Sub Regional (Community) levels.
We accompany you on the studies of your public – private partnerships oriented toward the facilitation of trade, and in particular the application of the methods for the reduction of obstacles which may hinder your international trading activities in the OHADA (OHBLA) member’s states.
The whole of our Consultants team benefits from an excellent experience in these matters to ensure assistance of high-quality expertise, taking into account the rules of risk management, the specificity of your enterprise and the latest regulatory and jurisprudential developments in these matters
Zoll & Legal will be happy to assist you in matters of:
- Customs audit, audit in foreign exchange regulations and legal audit;
- Drafting your projects of Anticipated Decisions;
- Drafting your strategic arguments and your technical files required in various customs, foreign exchanges and legal procedures;
- Advice on your particular situation and the risks to be avoided;
- Obtainment of economic customs regimes and incentives.
Assistance in customs conventions
The import and export operations implicate a number of actors and operators throughout the logistic and supply chain. These actors are subjected to multiple rules and purposes. To comply with these rules and objectives, they generally impose contracts in their relationship with the importers and exporters.
Our mission in this framework is to assist you in the achievement of best business conditions, best contracts, or in the choice of the best operators who might help you to optimize and to secure your operations in this customs context. Consequently, we assist you in the elaboration of your contracts projects with Licensed Customs Brokers, Sea Ports (Maritime) Authorities, Transportation Brokers and Authorities, Port, maritime Customs Authorities, Banks, Insurance Companies, etc.
Thus, we assist you in the organization of your relationships with these operators and actors of the customs sector. We use our expertise to anticipate failure which undermines relations with those entities of customs and maritime sectors.
Zoll & Legal will be especially happy to assist you in:
- Writing your framework contract and transit orders with the licensed customs broker, transportation brokers and authorities, port, maritime and customs authorities : Memoranda of Understanding, Framework Contract; Concession Contract, etc.;
- Negotiating, drafting and defending customs and sea port and air port contracts;
- Drafting of proposal of amendment or amendments of existing agreements;
- Assistance in updating of the different aspects of your contracts with regards to the regulations in force;
We also assist you in the preparation of technical documents demanded by the authorities and the regulations in force in the framework of public-private partnerships and other partnerships relating to these conventions.
Training on Seminars and Customs Coaching
In order to ensure you a successful optimization of the customs function in your structure and permit you to anticipate in the effective managements of various customs risks throughout the logistic supply chain, Zoll & Legal assists you in the training of your teams responsible for customs, foreign exchange regulations and investments matters through, on the one hand, seminars, trainings, and on the other, its special program of professional Customs Coaching.
During the past three years, we have programmed a total of 75 training courses in our domains of specialisation (see below our annual training catalogues of 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017): customs, foreign exchange regulations and business law under the legislation in force in the sub-Saharan region, especially in the CEMAC (CAEMC), ECOWAS and other OHADA member states.
Our training offer involves two main formulas: training and coaching.
- The case of Ordinary Training:
Our assistance will be given through public or private seminars. Our annual catalogue helps you to find out the training that corresponds to your needs. However, we are at your disposal if you need specific training in our domains of expertise. Our team of Consultants of the Zoll & Legal Customs Training Business Unit will be happy to help your team to improve on a specific aspect of your activities.
All the multinationals, subsidiaries, international organizations, local enterprises we have trained till date gave us positive satisfactory questionnaires.
- In the framework of our Customs Coaching Program:
The team of Zoll & Legal Customs Training Business Unit, under the coordination of Dr. Beauclair Njoya Nkamga, has put in place a special and unique training program relating to customs matters: the Zoll & Legal Customs Coaching, which is articulated as follows:
- B to B Training provided in advance and dispensed at your premises;
- A transfer of knowledge to answer your needs by a practical approach;
- The use of new information and communications technology in various aspects of training, taking into account constraints of your work environment;
- Few days of special professional internship on the issues where your difficulties and needs are addressed.
Customs Software Optimization Business Unit (ZL SOBU)
The Zoll & Legal Customs Software Optimization Business Unit (ZL SOBU) is our branch of services which assists our clients in the external acquisition of software and informatics solutions.
Thus, the Zoll & Legal Cabinet offers to you adequate expertise in the optimization and securization of your procurement operations and / or the sale of informatics and software solutions.
In this line of service, we assist you in the:
- Procurement and the development of your informatics solutions (the exploitation systems, software package, software, etc.);
- Assistance in the writing of your relative contracts as well as their revisions and amendments;
- Assistance in the optimization and the securization of maintenance operations, assistances and software updates;
- Assistance in the efficient management of contracts transmitted by your software and informatics solutions editors or suppliers
- Compliance audit of your informatics solutions acquisitions to the customs and foreign exchange regulations;
- Facilitation of customs and foreign exchanges procurement of software from external suppliers
- Training of purchasing enterprises personnel, and exporters of software and informatics solutions;
As concerns trainings, the ZL SOBU proposes to you practical trainings permitting you to manage in a preventive and curative manner risks linked to the procurement of informatics solutions from suppliers situated out or in the customs territory.